A Love Story Brewed with Tea
A Love Story Brewed with Tea
Every evening, Ananya came to the same little tea shop, but after meeting Arjun, she realized she was no longer coming there just for tea. She was coming to see him.
Arjun always sat by the window, waiting with two cups—one strong and less sweet for himself, and one warm, milky, and sweet for Ananya.
One rainy evening, Ananya arrived late. Arjun looked at her with a gentle smile.
“I was worried,” he whispered.
She sat beside him and asked, “You missed me?”
Arjun looked into her eyes.
“More than I missed my tea.”
Ananya laughed softly, but her heart melted.
Their love grew through little things. Arjun remembered exactly how she liked her tea. Ananya knew when he was tired simply by looking into his eyes. Sometimes they talked for hours; sometimes they said nothing at all. Sitting beside each other was enough.
One evening, the rain was falling heavily. Ananya shivered, and without saying a word, Arjun took off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders.
“You'll get cold,” she said.
“I'd rather be cold than see you shivering.”
She looked at him quietly.
“Arjun…”
“Yes?”
“When did you start caring about me this much?”
He smiled.
“Maybe the first day you smiled at me. I just didn't have the courage to tell you.”
Ananya gently placed her hand over his.
“I think I was waiting for you to say it.”
The tea between them slowly became cold, but neither noticed. They were too busy looking at each other.
Arjun finally whispered, “Ananya, I don't know what tomorrow will bring. But I know I want every tomorrow to have you in it.”
Her eyes filled with happy tears.
“And I want to be beside you,” she replied, “through every rainy evening, every difficult day, and every cup of tea.”
He gently held her hand.
Outside, the rain continued falling, but inside that tiny tea shop, their world felt warm and peaceful.
From that day forward, their love became even deeper. They walked home together under one umbrella, shared quiet smiles across crowded rooms, and left little notes for each other whenever they couldn't meet.
Years later, they still returned to that same tea shop.
One evening, Arjun placed a small ring beside Ananya's cup.
She looked at him in surprise.
“Is this for me?”
Arjun smiled.
“Every cup of tea brought me closer to you. Now I want to spend the rest of my life sitting beside you.”
Ananya's eyes filled with tears.
She reached for his hand.
“Yes,” she whispered. “A thousand times yes.”
Arjun slipped the ring onto her finger, and they held each other close.
The tea shop was quiet. The rain had stopped. The streetlights reflected softly on the wet road.
Ananya rested her head on Arjun's shoulder.
“Do you remember our first cup of tea?”
Arjun kissed her forehead gently.
“I remember everything.”
She smiled.
“Then promise me we'll never stop having tea together.”
“I promise,” he said. “Because every cup tastes sweeter when I'm with you.”
And from that evening onward, tea was no longer just a drink for them.
It became the taste of their first meeting, their first smile, their first confession, and a love that grew warmer with every passing day.
Some love stories begin with a glance.
Theirs began with a cup of tea—and became a lifetime.
Comments
Post a Comment
rmanna776@gmail.com