Love Between Work and Dreams
Love Between Work and Dreams
Anika was a hardworking young woman who believed that success came from patience, dedication, and never giving up. Every morning, she arrived at the office early, carrying a cup of coffee and a notebook filled with ideas. She loved her work, even when it became stressful.
One Monday morning, a new employee named Arjun joined her team.
Their first meeting was simple.
“Hi, I’m Arjun,” he said with a warm smile.
“I’m Anika,” she replied.
Neither of them knew that this short introduction would become the beginning of something beautiful.
At first, they were simply coworkers. They worked on projects together, shared ideas, and helped each other meet deadlines. Arjun admired Anika’s determination, while Anika loved Arjun’s calm nature and kindness.
One evening, everyone left the office early, but Anika stayed behind to finish an important presentation. She was tired and frustrated.
Suddenly, Arjun appeared with two cups of coffee.
“You’re still working?” he asked.
Anika smiled. “The presentation has to be finished tonight.”
He placed a coffee beside her.
“Then you’re not working alone.”
They spent the next few hours working side by side. Between typing, laughing, and sharing ideas, something quietly changed between them.
From that night, Arjun often stayed late whenever Anika had extra work.
Sometimes they talked about their careers. Sometimes they talked about their dreams. And sometimes, they simply sat together in comfortable silence.
One rainy evening, Anika stood near the office window watching the rain.
“I’m scared,” she suddenly said.
Arjun looked at her. “About what?”
“About failing. I’ve worked so hard for this career. What if it’s never enough?”
Arjun gently replied, “You don’t have to be perfect. You just have to keep going. And whenever you feel like giving up, I’ll remind you how far you’ve already come.”
Anika looked at him, touched by his words.
“Why do you care so much?”
Arjun smiled.
“Because you matter to me.”
Her heart skipped.
Over the following months, their friendship slowly became love. They celebrated every success together and supported each other through every difficult day.
When Anika received a promotion, Arjun was the first person she called.
When Arjun completed his biggest project, Anika surprised him with his favorite coffee.
Their love grew quietly—not through grand promises, but through small moments.
A hand held during a stressful day.
A message asking, “Did you eat?”
A coffee waiting on a busy morning.
A smile across the office when words weren't necessary.
One evening, after completing an important project, they walked outside the office together. The city lights were shining, and a cool breeze filled the air.
Arjun stopped walking.
“Anika, there’s something I’ve wanted to tell you.”
She looked at him.
“You became the best part of my workdays,” he said. “But now I don’t want you to be just part of my work life. I want you to be part of my whole life.”
Anika smiled through happy tears.
“I was hoping you would say that.”
Arjun held her hand.
“Then promise me something.”
“What?”
“Whatever happens in our careers, whatever challenges come our way, we’ll never stop supporting each other.”
Anika squeezed his hand.
“I promise.”
They continued walking together beneath the city lights.
Their careers would change. Their responsibilities would grow. There would be difficult days ahead.
But they knew one thing for certain.
They had found something more valuable than success at work.
They had found someone who believed in their dreams, supported their struggles, celebrated their victories, and loved them through every chapter of life.
And sometimes, the most beautiful love stories don't begin with a romantic meeting.
Sometimes, they begin with a simple “Hi, I’m Anika.”
The End. ❤️☕💼
Comments
Post a Comment
rmanna776@gmail.com