Tea Love Story

Tea Love Story

Every love story has a beginning, and sometimes the most beautiful ones begin with something as simple as a cup of tea.

Every evening, Anika visited a small tea shop near her office. It was a quiet place with wooden chairs, warm lights, and the comforting smell of freshly brewed tea. She always ordered the same thing—a cup of milk tea with a little less sugar.

One rainy evening, while Anika was sitting by the window, a young man named Arjun walked into the shop. There was only one empty seat left, beside her.

“May I sit here?” he asked.

Anika smiled. “Of course.”

Arjun ordered tea and sat quietly. Outside, the rain continued to fall, creating a peaceful rhythm against the window.

After a few minutes, Arjun noticed her cup.

“You don't like your tea too sweet?”

Anika laughed. “Not really. I like it just enough.”

“That sounds like a good rule for life too,” he said.

She smiled. “Maybe.”

That was their first conversation.

The next evening, Arjun returned to the same tea shop. Anika was already there.

“Same tea?” he asked.

“Same tea,” she replied.

Soon, their meetings became a daily routine.

They talked about everything—work, music, movies, dreams, childhood memories, and the little things that made them happy. Sometimes they talked for hours. Other times, they simply sat together and enjoyed their tea in comfortable silence.

For Anika, the tea shop slowly became more than just a place to relax. It became the place where she looked forward to seeing someone special.

One day, Arjun didn't come.

Anika waited.

She kept looking toward the door, hoping he would appear. But the evening passed without him.

The next day, he was still absent.

Anika began to worry.

On the third day, Arjun finally arrived.

“You disappeared,” she said.

“I had to go home suddenly,” he explained. “My mother wasn't feeling well.”

Anika's expression softened.

“Is she okay?”

“Yes, she's better now.”

She smiled with relief.

That evening, Arjun placed a small gift beside her tea.

“What is this?” Anika asked.

“Open it.”

Inside was a beautiful handmade cup with a tiny flower painted on it.

“I thought you should have your own tea cup,” he said.

Anika looked at him and smiled.

“Why?”

“Because someday, I hope we'll drink tea together for many years.”

Her heart skipped a beat.

She didn't answer immediately.

Instead, she lifted her tea cup and said, “Then I guess you'll have to keep coming back.”

Arjun smiled.

“I will.”

Months passed.

Their friendship slowly became love. There was no dramatic confession, no grand proposal, and no perfect movie scene. Their love grew quietly, through everyday moments.

It lived in the way Arjun remembered exactly how Anika liked her tea.

It lived in the way Anika saved the best seat for him.

It lived in rainy evenings, shared umbrellas, long conversations, and warm cups of tea.

One winter evening, Arjun finally said, “Anika, do you remember the first day we met?”

“Yes.”

“I thought you were beautiful.”

She laughed. “You never told me that.”

“I was too nervous.”

“And now?”

“Now I'm still nervous.”

Anika smiled.

“Then what do you want to say?”

Arjun looked into her eyes.

“I want every ordinary evening of my life to feel like this—sitting beside you, talking about everything and nothing, with a cup of tea between us.”

Anika reached for his hand.

“I think I'd like that too.”

Years later, they still visited the same tea shop.

The chairs had changed, the walls had been repainted, and the little shop had become more popular.

But their table remained their favorite place.

Two cups of tea would always sit beside each other.

Because for Anika and Arjun, tea was never just a drink.

It was their first conversation.

Their quiet memories.

Their laughter.

Their comfort.

And most importantly, it was where their love story began.

Sometimes, love doesn't arrive with flowers or fireworks.

Sometimes, it arrives quietly—with a smile, a rainy evening, and a warm cup of tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

arts

Netural