Love Between Deadlines
Love Between Deadlines
Aarav and Meera worked in the same creative company, but they were completely different. Aarav was quiet, disciplined, and deeply focused on his career. Meera was emotional, ambitious, and believed that work should be meaningful, not simply successful.
They first met when Meera accidentally spilled coffee over Aarav's desk.
“I’m so sorry!” she said, embarrassed.
Aarav looked at his ruined papers and smiled.
“You've made my Monday memorable.”
That moment became the beginning of a friendship neither of them expected.
Soon, they were working together on the company's biggest project. Their late nights became conversations about dreams, fears, family, and the future. Somewhere between deadlines and coffee breaks, friendship quietly became love.
But just as their relationship began to feel certain, Meera received the opportunity of a lifetime.
The company offered her a promotion—but it required moving to another city for two years.
She was excited, but terrified.
When she told Aarav, she expected him to be happy for her.
Instead, he became silent.
“Two years is a long time,” he finally said.
“I know,” Meera replied. “But this is my dream.”
Aarav nodded.
“Then you should go.”
Something about his words hurt her.
“You're not even going to ask me to stay?”
Aarav looked away.
“If I ask you to stay, you'll always wonder what you could have achieved.”
Meera's eyes filled with tears.
“So you're choosing my career for me?”
“No. I'm trying not to become the reason you give up your dream.”
They argued for the first time.
Meera accused him of not loving her enough to fight for their relationship. Aarav accused himself of being selfish for wanting her to stay.
The next morning, they barely spoke.
Then things became worse.
Aarav was offered a promotion too—but in the same city where Meera would be moving. He wanted to tell her, but before he could, Meera overheard a conversation between Aarav and their manager.
“I don't think I can follow her,” Aarav said. “My career matters too.”
Meera heard only those words.
Her heart broke.
She believed Aarav had chosen his career over her.
That evening, she returned the keychain he had once given her.
“I thought we were building a future together,” she whispered.
“We are,” Aarav said.
“No. You already decided what matters more.”
She walked away before he could explain.
For two years, they lived separate lives.
Meera became successful in her new city, but every achievement felt strangely empty. Aarav continued his career, but every celebration reminded him of her.
Neither of them stopped loving the other.
Two years later, Meera returned to the company for an important presentation.
When she walked into the conference room, Aarav was there.
Their eyes met.
For a moment, neither could speak.
After the meeting, Aarav finally said, “You never let me explain.”
Meera looked at him.
“What was there to explain?”
“I accepted the promotion in your city.”
She froze.
“I was going to tell you that I wanted to build my career there with you. But when I heard you say you thought I would hold you back, I realized you had already made your decision.”
Tears rolled down Meera's cheeks.
“I thought you didn't want me.”
“I thought you didn't need me.”
They stood silently, realizing that neither had stopped loving the other. They had simply been too afraid to admit how much they needed each other.
Meera stepped closer.
“Two years,” she whispered. “We lost two years.”
Aarav gently took her hand.
“Then let's not lose another day.”
She smiled through her tears.
Their love hadn't survived because it was perfect. It survived because, even after heartbreak, they still chose to understand each other.
Sometimes love isn't tested by distance.
It's tested by ambition, fear, misunderstandings, and the difficult choice between holding someone close and letting them follow their dreams.
Aarav and Meera finally learned that true love doesn't ask, “Whose dream comes first?”
It asks,
“How can we build a life where both of us can dream?”
Comments
Post a Comment
rmanna776@gmail.com