Love Story: A Cup of Tea
Love Story: A Cup of Tea
Every love story has a beginning. Some begin with a smile, some with a chance meeting, and some begin with something as simple as a cup of tea.
For Naina and Kabir, it was tea.
Naina worked at a small bookstore in a busy part of the city. Every evening, just before sunset, she would sit near the window with a cup of ginger tea and read her favorite novels.
One rainy evening, Kabir walked into the bookstore.
He was completely soaked.
“Excuse me,” he said, shaking the rain from his jacket. “Do you have anything by romantic poets?”
Naina smiled. “Are you looking for love?”
Kabir laughed. “Maybe I'm looking for a book that can teach me about it.”
She pointed toward a shelf.
“Start there.”
Kabir picked up a book, but instead of reading it, he kept looking at Naina.
She noticed.
“You're holding the book upside down,” she said.
Kabir looked down and laughed.
“That explains why I couldn't understand anything.”
Naina couldn't stop smiling.
Before leaving, Kabir noticed her cup of tea.
“Ginger tea?”
“Yes.”
“Without sugar?”
“Of course.”
“Interesting.”
“What?”
“I think I'm going to remember that.”
The next evening, Kabir returned.
He brought two cups of tea.
“One for you,” he said.
Naina looked surprised.
“You remembered?”
“I told you I would.”
From that day, tea became their little tradition.
Every evening, Kabir visited the bookstore. Sometimes they talked for hours. Sometimes they sat quietly, reading separate books while their tea slowly became cold.
They talked about dreams, childhood memories, fears, and the places they wanted to visit.
Naina wanted to see the mountains.
Kabir wanted to travel around the world with a camera.
One evening, he asked, “If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?”
Naina looked out the window.
“The mountains.”
Kabir smiled.
“Then someday, I'll take you there.”
She laughed.
“You make promises too easily.”
“I only make promises I intend to keep.”
Months passed.
Their friendship became love, although neither of them said it aloud.
Then Kabir received an unexpected opportunity to work abroad for a year.
He was excited, but he was afraid to tell Naina.
When he finally did, she became silent.
“A year is a long time,” she whispered.
“I know.”
“What happens to us?”
Kabir looked at her.
“I don't know.”
For the first time, their usual evening tea tasted bitter.
Kabir left a few days later.
At first, they called every night.
Then work became busy.
The time difference became difficult.
Some days they missed each other's calls.
Some nights Naina waited for his message until she fell asleep.
Slowly, distance began creating doubts.
One evening, after a difficult day, Naina sat alone with her tea.
Her phone suddenly rang.
It was Kabir.
“I miss you,” he said.
Naina tried not to cry.
“I miss you too.”
“I've been saving something for you.”
“What?”
“You'll see.”
A few months later, Naina received a package.
Inside was a small handwritten note and a photograph of snow-covered mountains.
The note said:
“I couldn't take you to the mountains yet. But I'm still keeping my promise.”
Naina smiled through her tears.
A year later, Kabir returned.
He walked into the bookstore carrying two cups of tea.
Naina looked at him and laughed.
“You're late.”
Kabir smiled.
“I'm exactly one year late.”
She took the cup from his hand.
“Is this ginger tea?”
“Without sugar.”
Naina's eyes filled with tears.
“You remembered.”
“I remember everything about you.”
That winter, they finally traveled to the mountains together.
They sat beside a quiet window, watching snow fall outside while sharing a warm cup of tea.
Naina rested her head on Kabir's shoulder.
“Do you know what I love most about tea?” she asked.
“What?”
“It gets cold when you leave it too long.”
Kabir smiled.
“Then we'll never let ours get cold.”
She held his hand.
And from that day forward, wherever life took them, they always made time for two things:
each other,
and one warm cup of tea.
Comments
Post a Comment
rmanna776@gmail.com