The Flower That Remembered

The Flower That Remembered

Every morning, Meera walked past the little flower shop on the corner of her street. Among hundreds of roses, lilies, and sunflowers, one flower always caught her attention—a deep red rose growing in a small blue pot.

The shop belonged to Aarav.

He had noticed Meera long before she noticed him.

Every morning, she would stop, look at the red rose, smile softly, and continue walking. Aarav wondered why she never bought it.

One rainy morning, he finally asked, “You like that rose?”

Meera smiled. “Very much.”

“Then why don't you take it?”

She looked at the flower and said, “Because beautiful things shouldn't always be taken. Sometimes, they're meant to be admired.”

Her answer stayed in Aarav's heart.

From that day, they began talking.

Meera worked at a nearby bookstore and loved poetry. Aarav loved flowers because his mother had taught him that every flower carried an emotion. Roses represented love, lilies represented hope, and sunflowers represented happiness.

Soon, their conversations became a daily habit.

Aarav would save a fresh flower for Meera every morning. Sometimes it was a pink rose. Sometimes a small sunflower. Once, he gave her a tiny white flower growing between the cracks of the pavement.

“Why this one?” Meera asked.

“Because it survived where nothing else could.”

She smiled. “That's beautiful.”

Their friendship slowly became love.

One evening, Aarav finally decided to tell Meera how he felt. He prepared a bouquet of red roses and waited outside her bookstore.

But Meera never came.

The next morning, Aarav learned that Meera's family was moving to another city. She had left without saying goodbye.

He felt as if someone had suddenly removed all the colors from his world.

Days became weeks.

The flower shop remained open, but Aarav stopped smiling.

The red rose in the blue pot continued to bloom.

Months later, on a quiet winter morning, Meera returned.

She walked into the flower shop and found Aarav arranging flowers.

He looked up.

For a few seconds, neither spoke.

“You didn't wait,” Meera whispered.

Aarav looked at her sadly. “I waited every day.”

“Then why didn't you call?”

“I didn't have your number.”

Meera laughed through her tears. “I thought you didn't want to find me.”

Aarav shook his head.

“I searched for you everywhere.”

She looked around the shop.

Then she noticed the red rose in the blue pot.

“You kept it?”

“I couldn't throw it away.”

“Why?”

“Because it reminded me of you.”

Meera walked closer.

“I came back for the same reason.”

Aarav's eyes filled with tears.

She gently touched the rose.

“I always loved this flower,” she said.

“And I always loved the girl who loved it.”

For the first time, Aarav took her hand.

Outside, rain began falling softly against the shop window.

Years passed.

The little flower shop became bigger, and beside it Meera opened a small bookstore. Their two dreams grew side by side.

Every morning, Aarav still gave Meera a flower.

Sometimes it was a rose.

Sometimes a sunflower.

Sometimes just a tiny wildflower.

And every anniversary, he gave her the same deep red rose.

One evening, Meera asked, “Why do you always give me flowers?”

Aarav smiled.

“Because flowers don't speak, but somehow they always say what the heart cannot.”

Meera rested her head on his shoulder.

“And what does this one say?”

Aarav looked at the red rose.

“It says, ‘I found you, I lost you, and I found you again.’”

Meera smiled.

Their love had grown just like that little flower—quietly, patiently, through rain and sunshine.

They learned that love doesn't need to be perfect.

It only needs to be cared for.

Just like a flower.

Give it attention.

Give it patience.

Give it warmth.

And when the seasons change, protect it.

Because the most beautiful love stories are not always the ones that begin with fireworks.

Sometimes, they begin with a single flower—and two hearts brave enough to bloom together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netural

flower