A Cup of Coffee and a Lifetime of Love
A Cup of Coffee and a Lifetime of Love
Every morning, Meera visited the same little coffee shop on the corner of a busy street. It was a quiet place with warm lights, soft music, and the comforting smell of freshly brewed coffee. For Meera, coffee was more than a drink. It was a small escape from the noise of everyday life.
One rainy morning, she entered the café and ordered her usual cappuccino. As she turned around, she accidentally bumped into a man standing behind her.
“Oh, I’m so sorry!” she said.
“It’s okay,” he replied with a smile. “At least the coffee survived.”
His name was Arjun.
The next morning, Meera saw him again.
“Same coffee?” he asked.
She smiled. “You remember?”
“Some things are worth remembering.”
Those simple words stayed in her mind all day.
Soon, their meetings became a morning tradition. Meera sat near the window with her notebook, while Arjun worked on his laptop at the next table. Sometimes they talked for hours. Sometimes they simply smiled at each other.
One afternoon, Arjun asked, “Why do you always sit by the window?”
Meera looked outside.
“Because I like watching people. Everyone is carrying a story.”
“And what is your story?”
She smiled softly.
“I’m still waiting for someone to become part of it.”
Arjun looked at her for a moment.
“Maybe you don't have to wait anymore.”
Their friendship slowly became love.
They shared dreams over cups of coffee, laughed about silly things, and supported each other through difficult days. When Meera had a bad day at work, Arjun would leave a warm cup of coffee on her desk with a tiny note: Tomorrow will be better.
When Arjun felt lost about his future, Meera would remind him, “You don't need to have everything figured out today.”
Their love was simple, but it felt magical.
Then one day, Arjun received an opportunity to work in another city. It was his dream job, but accepting it meant leaving Meera behind.
“I’m happy for you,” Meera said, trying to smile.
“But I'm afraid,” Arjun admitted.
“Of leaving?”
“Of losing you.”
Meera reached across the table and held his hand.
“If what we have is real, a few hundred miles won't destroy it.”
Arjun left.
At first, they called every night. But slowly, work became busy. Calls became shorter, messages became fewer, and misunderstandings began to grow.
One rainy evening, Meera sat alone in their favorite café. She ordered two coffees out of habit.
The second cup remained untouched.
She looked at it and whispered, “I miss you.”
At that exact moment, the café door opened.
Arjun stood there, soaked from the rain.
Meera froze.
“You came back?”
He smiled.
“I realized something. My dream job can wait for a few hours, but I can't let the person I love become a memory.”
Tears filled Meera's eyes.
“You're crazy.”
“Maybe. But I'm crazy about you.”
They laughed and hugged while the rain continued outside.
Years later, they still returned to that same café. The tables had changed, the walls had been painted, and the menu had become larger, but their favorite corner remained.
Every anniversary, Arjun ordered two coffees.
One for himself.
One for Meera.
And whenever someone asked them how their love story began, Meera would smile and say:
“It began with a cup of coffee.”
Arjun would add:
“And continued because we never stopped choosing each other.”
Sometimes, love doesn't arrive with fireworks.
Sometimes, it arrives quietly—with warm coffee, a rainy morning, and a stranger who remembers exactly how you take your coffee.
Comments
Post a Comment
rmanna776@gmail.com