Love Between Dreams

Love Between Dreams

Meera had always believed that love was something that happened after everything else was settled. First came her career, her responsibilities, and her dreams. Love could wait.

Then Arjun joined her team.

At first, he was simply the colleague who sat across from her during meetings. But slowly, he became the person she looked for whenever she entered the office.

He noticed when she was tired without asking. He remembered the smallest things she told him. When she had a difficult day, he never forced her to talk. He simply placed a cup of coffee beside her and stayed nearby.

Their closeness grew quietly.

One evening, they were working late on an important presentation. The office was almost empty, and rain tapped softly against the windows.

Meera suddenly closed her laptop.

“I'm scared,” she whispered.

Arjun looked at her. “About the presentation?”

She shook her head.

“About everything.”

He moved his chair closer.

“You don't have to be strong every minute, Meera.”

She looked at him, her eyes tired.

“Everyone expects me to have everything figured out.”

“I don't.”

“Then what do you expect from me?”

Arjun smiled gently.

“Nothing. I just want you to be yourself.”

Those words touched something inside her.

For the first time, Meera allowed herself to stop pretending that everything was fine.

She told him about her fears, her failures, and the dreams she was sometimes afraid to pursue. Arjun listened without interrupting.

When she finished, he quietly said, “Thank you for trusting me.”

Meera looked at him.

“I don't know when you became the person I want to tell everything to.”

“Maybe it happened to me too.”

Their eyes met.

Neither of them looked away.

Arjun slowly reached for her hand.

“Meera, I don't want to rush you. But I need you to know that what I feel for you isn't just friendship anymore.”

Her fingers tightened around his.

“I've been trying not to feel it,” she admitted.

“Why?”

“Because you're important to me. And I'm afraid that if this goes wrong, I'll lose you.”

Arjun's expression softened.

“Then let's not promise that nothing will ever go wrong. Let's promise that we'll talk when it does.”

Meera smiled through tears.

“That sounds frighteningly reasonable.”

He laughed.

She laughed too.

Then, with no dramatic music or perfect moment, Meera leaned toward him and rested her forehead against his.

“I think I'm falling in love with you,” she whispered.

Arjun closed his eyes.

“I think I already have.”

Their first kiss was gentle and uncertain, filled with all the feelings they had been afraid to say aloud.

After that night, their relationship became something deeper than romance.

Arjun became the person who celebrated Meera's successes as if they were his own. Meera became the person who reminded Arjun of his worth whenever he doubted himself.

They still argued sometimes.

They still had difficult days.

But they learned that love wasn't about never hurting each other. It was about choosing honesty, forgiveness, and understanding after the hurt.

One night, months later, Meera received an offer for a major position in another city.

It was the opportunity she had dreamed about for years.

But instead of celebrating, she became quiet.

“I don't want to leave you,” she said.

Arjun took her hands.

“Don't give up your dream for me.”

“But what if distance changes everything?”

“Then we'll let our love prove that it can survive distance.”

Meera looked at him.

“And if I'm afraid?”

“I'll remind you why you started.”

She hugged him tightly.

“I love you.”

Arjun held her close.

“I love you enough to let you grow.”

That was when Meera understood what made their relationship different.

Arjun didn't ask her to choose between love and her dreams.

He wanted to be part of both.

Years later, whenever people asked Meera how she managed to build her career and maintain such a beautiful relationship, she always smiled.

She would say, “I didn't find someone who completed my life. I found someone who encouraged me to live it fully.”

And whenever Arjun heard her say that, he would reach for her hand.

Because their love had never been about possession.

It was about trust.

Two ambitious people had met in an ordinary office, fallen in love between deadlines and coffee breaks, and discovered that the deepest kind of romance wasn't simply having someone beside you.

It was having someone who believed in your dreams—and still chose you every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netural

arts